will be held on Sunday March 18th 2007 at 10.00 a.m. at the Office of Claude
A. Benjamin and Associates, 23 to 25 Circular Road, San-Fernando.
Members coming from the north will turn off the Solomon Hochoy
Highway at the Tarouba Exit leading to the Bye-Pass
make a right turn at the traffic lights onto the St. Joseph Road,
- following this road to a T junction,
- then make a left to Circular Road,
- turn right Circular Road , pass Puff and Stuff Bakery,
- keep to the left climbing an incline until you reach the Church of Nazarene
on the right and obliquely opposite is be a driveway leading to the meeting
Members coming from the south can access from the Bye-Pass
Cocoyea Roundabout going west into San-Fernando
- then turn right into Circular Road at the Traffic Lights.
Those coming from within San Fernando can travel along the
- turn right into Cain Street at the Vista Bella Presbyterian School and
- then make a 'U' turn at Puff and Stuff Bakery.
The meeting will deal with the up-coming May Orchid Show titled 'Orchids…50
Not Out' due to be held on May 5th and 6th 2007. There will
be the monthly Show Table, distribution of Trophies for the October 2006 Orchid
Show and the monthly Plant Raffle kindly donated by Mr. Oral Roberts
will be held on Sunday 15th April 2007 at the residence of Mr. Alexander Gibson,
No. 3 Quarry Road, off Akal Trace in Santa Cruz.
To reach Mr. Gibson's residence;
enter the road leading to San Antonio Nursery,
- then turn right into Akal Trace, travel along this trace until you reach
a site under development, without any buildings
- then turn left into Quarry road.
- Mr. Gibson's residence is the third house on the right.
There will be the monthly Show Table, discussions on Orchid Pests and Diseases,
updates on the May 2007 Orchid Show and Monthly Plant Raffle of a plant kindly
donated by Mr. Oral Roberts.
Members who have problems with identifying orchid pests and diseases can bring
along samples of diseased parts of plants sealed in a zip-lock bag and we
will assist with identification and recommendations for treatment.
The HSTT will
be holding their Annual Flower Show at the St. John's Ambulance Brigade Hall,
Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain, on April 21st and 22nd 2007. As a sister society
it is customary that our society lend full support and participate in the
exhibition. We are requesting all members to be prepared to give their support
to this event.
The TTOS May
Show 'Orchids…50 Not Out' due to be held on May 5th and 6th 2007 at
a venue in San Fernando